How to recover deleted mac files from SD card?Posted in data recovery mac, digital media recovery mac, mac data recovery, photo recovery mac, recover deleted files mac
Using Secure Digital (SD) Cards with Mac
What will you do after you have accidentally deleted some interesting pictures, or hard-earned songs or videos from the memory card of your smart phone or from some other electronic device? There are a lot we can do to recover them. Here we discuss this topic with the assumptions that we all are Mac users.
Secure Digital (SD) Cards in Mac
Secure Digital (SD) cards are non-volatile storage devices that are very popular because of their low prices and compactness. They are economical, easy to insert and remove, and several gigabytes of data can easily be handled using them. SD Cards conform to technical standards prescribed by SD Association, an association of leading electronic manufacturers, and can be used with a large number of portable electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras, GPS navigation devices, tablet computers, camcorders and video game consoles. They mostly use FAT 32 file format, and own storage capacities up to 32 GB.
How to Insert and Remove SD Card in Mac?
To remove the SD card from the Mac computer, you need to eject it properly. Wait till the data transfer is complete, and drag the SD card icon to the Trash icon. Now, the SD card icon disappears and you can safely remove the SD card from the computer.
How to View SD Card Specifications on Mac Computer?
View the specifications of a card inserted in SD card slot by following the steps given below:
- 1. Go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac.
- 2. Click More Info.
- 3. Go to Hardware section and select USB.
- 4. Select Internal Memory Card Reader when the list of USB devices appears. Now, you can view information on the card inserted on the SD card slot.
How to Fix the ‘Cannot be modified’ Error of SD Card in Mac?
If you receive a message ‘Cannot be modified’, while trying to modify the SD card using a Mac computer, it means that your card is locked using lock sider. You can overcome this as given below:
- 1. Eject the card properly.
- 2. Remove the card from the SD card slot.
- 3. Adjust the lock slider to unlock the card (see the manufacturer’s specifications to find the location of lock slider).
- 4. Insert the card again and modify the content as required.
How to Recover Deleted Mac Files from SD Card?
If the SD card files have been deleted while accessing them through the Mac computer, you can find those files in the Trash. They can be recovered by moving them back to the SD card.
If you don’t find the required files in the Trash, you can use Kernel for Mac Recovery for the recovery of the accidentally deleted files. But take care that you don’t add any data to the SD card after realizing that you have deleted some useful data. Follow the steps given below to recover the data from the SD card.
- 1. Connect the Mac hard drive (along with the SD card) to computer installed with Kernel for Mac Recovery.
- 2. Open Kernel for Mac Recovery.
- 3. Select the SD card on the left pane of the Kernel.
- 4. Select the required ‘Volume Identity Option’ (Use Partition Table / Search Partition) and click Next.
- 5. Select the partition for recovery and click Next.
- 6. Finally save the recovered files in a new location when they are displayed after recovery (don’t save on the affected SD card).